Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Investigations into alleged threat from party division chairman completed - Pahang police


Last Update: 30/05/2019




KUANTAN, May 30 (Bernama) -- The police have finished investigations into a case which involved the division chairman of a political party in the state allegedly threatening Jerantut police chief Supt Mazlan Hassan.

Pahang CID chief Datuk Othman Nanyan said the investigation paper had been handed over to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's (DPP) office and the police were now awaiting instructions for further action.

"We have sent the investigation paper for their (DPP’s office) reference and in view that this case involves a politician and is of public interest, it has been referred to Putrajaya," he said.

Othman was speaking to reporters after representing Pahang police chief Datuk Seri Mohd Zakaria Ahmad at the launch of Ops Selamat 15/2019 at a petrol station on the Kuantan-Port bypass here today.

Also present were Pahang Crime Prevention and Community Security Division chief Datuk Abdul Aziz Salleh, Pahang Traffic Investigations and Enforcement Department chief Supt Kamarulzaman Jusoh and Pahang Road Transport Department director Mohamad Abdullah.

On May 19, the media reported the arrest of a political party’s division chairman who had allegedly sent threats to Mazlan through the WhatsApp application three days earlier.

The 53-year-old suspect was alleged to have sent the message as he was dissatisfied with the actions of police from the Jerantut District Police headquarters for seizing cigarettes and liquor allegedly being sold ‘without tax’ by a man, who is also a member of the party.

In another development, Othman said he hoped the declining trend in the number of crashes in Pahang under Ops Selamat during Aidilfitri last year would continue this time around.

He said during the Aidilfitri period last year, 1,045 accidents resulting in 23 deaths were recorded, compared to 1,180 accidents with 21 deaths the previous year.

"Among the accident-prone areas that will be focused on are Jalan Kuala Lipis-Merapoh, Jalan Muadzam-Segamat and the Kuantan bypass," he added.

 

-- BERNAMA



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Brace for second wave of floods, evacuate when ordered - Kelantan cops

 
     

Pangkor Island ready to embrace duty-free status

 
     

Floods: 19 people evacuated in Kota Tinggi

 
     

Only 297 evacuees in Kelantan as flood situation improves

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution