Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Terengganu drawbridge closes for commissioning works


Last Update: 16/06/2019




KUALA TERENGGANU, June 16 (Bernama) -- The 638-metre long Kuala Terengganu drawbridge - also believed to be Southeast Asia’s first drawbridge - which had a trial opening on June 2, will be closed at midnight tonight. 

Terengganu state secretary Datuk A Rahman Yahya said access to the RM248 million drawbridge which also features 16-storey twin towers, would be closed to all traffic with cones put in place.

He told Bernama today the June 2 opening was conducted to test the coordination of the bridge’s signalling system with the road traffic systems as well as traffic flow in surrounding areas, while its closure would facilitate the completion of remaining commissioning works as well as potential upgrading activities.

The official opening of the attraction which connects Kuala Terengganu and Kuala Nerus has not yet been set, with Menteri Besar Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar previously stating that the official name for the bridge would be announced at its launch. 

-- BERNAMA



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Checks on entry to MRSM start from today

 
     

Watch Garang-Aku Luar Biasa movie and help build a hostel for disabled

 
     

Cradle Fund CEO murder trial: Witness suspected fire caused by arson

 
     

Huge challenge in Sepang for WTCR drivers

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution