Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Do not ignore former players' views, KAFA was told


Last Update: 25/06/2019




KOTA BHARU, June 25 (Bernama) -- The new Kelantan Football Association (KAFA) president and executive members to be elected at the upcoming Extraordinary General Congress (EGM) are urged not to sideline the former players’ point of view in their effort to bring back the glory of the sport.

Former national and Kelantan player in the 70’s era, Salim Muhmud, 57, said the former players were also able to contribute and strengthen the team, in terms of player and coach selection.

"Don’t leave behind the former players. We can give advice and views, which are not meant to interfere with KAFA management, instead call us up because we can give some opinion and guidance.

"In terms of players, we know the player's ability...not just the media looking for us to gain insights on teams and associations," he told reporters here today.

KAFA previously decided that the EGM would be held on July 6 to fulfill the wishes of the association's affiliates to elect the new president and executive members to replace former president Bibi Ramjani Ilias Khan who resigned after almost two seasons with the association.

Salim noted that former players' views were aimed at strengthening the association’s leadership in managing the association and team.

"Bring us in to strengthen the association, just like what Kelantan United did. They called us to seek views on every game.

"It means there are things that we provide that can be used by them to address their weaknesses. Our unpaid view only requires them to meet us," he said.

Meanwhile, another former player Afandi Yusof wanted the new KAFA line-up to be filled by individuals that could really contribute especially in looking for funds and others.

"We have high hopes for the new leadership to save Kelantan football so as not to fall into the lower league," he said.

-- BERNAMA



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Floods: 19 people evacuated in Kota Tinggi

 
     

Only 297 evacuees in Kelantan as flood situation improves

 
     

Malaysia should enhance Muslim-friendly tourism concept - Mohamaddin

 
     

Construction of Sungai Nibong Besar Mosque begins

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution