Wireman dies from electrocution in Kampar
Last Update: 13/07/2019
IPOH, July 13 (Bernama) -- A wireman was electrocuted while conducting work to replace a utility pole at the 16.5 km Ipoh-Kampar Road near here, yesterday evening.
Kampar district police chief Supt Hasron Nazri Hashim said that the victim Mohamad Kamil Mohamed, 28, and eight others from a private company worker in Chemor had been replacing utility poles in the area since Tuesday.
‘’Mohamad Kamil, from Padang Rengas, was electrocuted, when working with four others, to install a power cable on a pole.
‘’His work mates failed to save him and contacted 999 at 5.20 pm. Paramedics from the Malim Nawar health clinic who arrived at the scene confirmed his death,’’ he said in a statement here today.
Hasron Nazri said that a post mortem at the Kampar Hospital at 8 pm confirmed that the cause of death was due to electrocution and an investigation was being conducted.