Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Car exhibition, sales and service centre served with show cause letter for installing Jalur Gemilang upside down


Last Update: 21/08/2019



KUANTAN, Aug 21 --  A car exhibition sales and service centre in Sungai Isap here has been directed to explain an incident whereby the Jalur Gemilang at the premises was found to be installed upside down, an image of which went viral on social media recently.

Kuantan Municipal Council (MPK) president Datuk Hamdan Hussin said the local council received a report on the incident on Monday, and this led to the issuance of a show cause letter to the owner of the premises.

“The owner of the premises has been given three days to clarify, and I understand that this period will end tomorrow. So far, we are still waiting for a response,” he said.

Hamdan said this when met during a flag installation monitoring programme held in conjunction with the National Month around Kuantan town today, which was also attended by State Government and Housing Committee chairman Abd Rahim Muda.

The premises, said Hamdan, could be fined up to RM500 under the Local Government Act 1976 if they failed to produce a valid explanation as requested by MPK.

Photographs of two of the three flags raised in front of the business premises being upside down went viral on Facebook on Monday, and the company is understood to have apologised on its official page the same day.

Meanwhile, Abdul Rahim said the survey today found that only about 50 per cent of the premises had installed the Jalur Gemilang at their premises and it was hoped that more people would do so in the near future.

He said among the reasons given for not doing so were that they were unaware of the need to do so, while some were waiting for a free flag from the government.

"The circular on the installation of the flag from Aug 16 to Sept 16 has been sent out, and we will issue a warning letter to them (those who have yet to install the flag) in the near future," he said.

 

-- BERNAMA



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Brace for second wave of floods, evacuate when ordered - Kelantan cops

 
     

Pangkor Island ready to embrace duty-free status

 
     

Floods: 19 people evacuated in Kota Tinggi

 
     

Only 297 evacuees in Kelantan as flood situation improves

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution