Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Two died in accident involving six vehicles at PLUS highway


Last Update: 30/09/2019



JOHOR BAHRU, Sept 30 (Bernama) -- Two died while four others were injured in an accident involving six vehicles at Kilometer 12.8 of the North South Expressway heading north, early this morning.

North Johor Bahru District Police Chief ACP Mohd Taib Ahmad said the accident involving a Perodua Myvi, a Honda CRV, a Honda City, a Volkswagen, an Audi and a BMW, happened at 1.15 am this morning.

He said the fatalities who died at the scene were a local man driving the Honda CRV,  G.Thiyagarajan, 36, and his passenger, a female Indian citizen, S.Kathiresan, 35.

The accident was believed to have happened after the Myvi driven by a 27-year-old man, crashed into the back of the victims’ car.

“Initial investigation found that the incident happened when the Myvi crashed into the back of the Honda CRV, and when it stalled in the middle of the road, the Honda City slammed into the Myvi.

“Then the other vehicles (Volkswagen, Audi and BMW) also crashed into the stalled cars,” he said in a statement, here, today.

Both bodies had been sent to the Kulai Hospital while the other victims were sent to Hospital Sultanah Aminah for treatment.

The case is being investigated under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987.

Meanwhile, Senior Firefighter II from Tebrau Fire Station Ronnie Robert said the body of the male victim was brought up by the fire department from a 40- feet deep ravine after it was thrown out due to the impact of the crash.

 In a separate statement, the fire department said that nine firemen and one machine from the Tebrau Fire and Rescue Station were dispatched to the scene to assist in the rescue operation which ended at  2.48 am.

-- BERNAMA  



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Malaysia should enhance Muslim-friendly tourism concept - Mohamaddin

 
     

Construction of Sungai Nibong Besar Mosque begins

 
     

Sultan Nazrin launches OBM's 65th anniversary

 
     

Singer Nassier Wahab laid to rest

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution