PWZeEpDVHU8 Putrajaya balloon explosion: 4 victims discharged from hospital today
Main Page  I  Northern  I  South  I  East  I  Central  I Sabah & Sarawak  I  Versi B. Melayu  I  BERNAMA.COM
 
 

Putrajaya balloon explosion: 4 victims discharged from hospital today


Last Update: 13/10/2019




LIPIS, Oct 13  -- Four of six victims in the balloon explosion incident at Dataran Putrajaya yesterday would likely be discharged from Putrajaya Hospital today.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the four comprised three adults and a girl.

"Two other victims are still being warded. Their condition is stable,” he told reporters after launching the  'Karnival Koi Nak Sihat: Lain Weh!' at Dewan Jubli Perak Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah here today.

Also present were Pahang Health director Datuk Dr Sha'ari Ngadiman and local actor Fahrin Ahmad.

Yesterday, media reported that 16 individuals were injured after some balloons believed to be filled with helium exploded at an Education Ministry national level fitness event at Dataran Putrajaya. 

Nine children were among those injured in the incident believed to have happened when visitors rushed to cut the string tied to three bunches of balloons at the end of the event and someone carelessly used a cigarette lighter to do so.

Dr Dzulkefly said a Mental Health and Psychological Support team would also provide counselling to victims who are still in hospital.

In another development, the minister said the Bera Hospital project which had been abandoned since January 2015 is expected to begin operations in the first quarter of next year.

"The development status of the hospital as of Oct 11 is 90.2 per cent and I am optimistic that the contractor involved can complete it by the end of this year,” he said.

For the record, construction of the hospital commenced in July 2012 and scheduled to be completed in three years. However, the previous contractor failed to complete the project despite being given an extension of 690 days.

The initial construction cost of the 40-bed hospital was RM88 million but the government had to fork out an additional RM33 million to revive the failed project that also resulted in blacklisting for the contractor.

Meanwhile, Dr Dzulkefly said the two-day health carnival which began yesterday drew more than 9,000 people.

-- BERNAMA 


 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
 

Malaysia should enhance Muslim-friendly tourism concept - Mohamaddin

 
     

Construction of Sungai Nibong Besar Mosque begins

 
     

Sultan Nazrin launches OBM's 65th anniversary

 
     

Singer Nassier Wahab laid to rest

 
     
 
     
 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 
     
     
   
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

 
© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior
written permission of BERNAMA. Best viewed in Firefox 35.0.1 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution