BUSINESS

Bank Muamalat, SJKP launch Smart Mortgage - SJKP

22/10/2019 08:56 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 22  -- Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd has allocated RM70 million under the Smart Mortgage-SJKP scheme for its first-year implementation, targeting 300 customers.

Its head of Consumer Banking Zury Rahimee Zainal Abiden said the scheme, which proposed a profit-sharing ratio of five per cent, was to allow those from the low-income group or without fixed-income to own their first house, priced at RM300,000 and below.

The scheme was launched following an agreement between the bank and Syarikat Jaminan Kredit Perumahan (SJKP) Bhd that was signed today to provide special housing financing scheme for B40 group.  

“The scheme will be guaranteed by SJKP to help those without monthly income statement to own a house,” he told reporters at the signing ceremony, followed by the launch of the scheme here today.

The scheme is aimed at fishermen, farmers, factory workers, petty traders, taxi drivers and general workers, among others.

It is opened to Malaysians aged 18 years and above with a minimum monthly net income of RM1,000. 

Meanwhile, SJKP general manager Azlan Mohd Agel said the collaboration was in line with the government’s agenda to see every family own a house.

“The scheme is not just to buy new houses but also for sub-sales and auction houses,” he said.

Established on Oct 1, 1999, Bank Muamalat is a 70 per cent owned by DRB-Hicom Bhd while the remaining 30 per cent stake belongs to Khazanah Nasional Bhd.

Meanwhile, SJKP Bhd is wholly-owned by the Minister of Finance, Incorporated.

-- BERNAMA


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on the Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 IFLIX channels and BERNAMA Radio on the FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and RM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2023 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy