Ad Banner

Company Director Loses RM167,050 In Non-existent Loan Scam

24/05/2026 03:21 PM

KOTA TINGGI, May 24 (Bernama) -- A company director lost RM167,050 after allegedly falling victim to a non-existent loan syndicate.

Kota Tinggi police chief Supt Yusof Othman said police received a report yesterday from the 36-year-old man, who claimed to have been deceived by a loan advertisement on Facebook using the name of a well-known bank.

He said the victim was lured by a personal loan advertisement on May 21 offering fast approval, before being instructed to make several payments purportedly for loan processing and approval.

“The victim made nine money transfers into nine different accounts in stages to secure the agreed loan amount of RM500,000,” he said in a statement today.

Yusof said the victim realised he had been scammed after failing to receive the promised loan and later lodged a police report. The case is being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating.

-- BERNAMA

 

 

 


 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy