|COVID–19 NEWS||COVID: Birthday celebration could have created new cluster in Ranau | COVID: 98.3 per cent of 5,726 new cases in categories one and two - Health DG | India reports 12,428 new COVID-19 cases, lowest in 238 days | Malaysia records declining trend in COVID-19 cases since 34th epidemiology week - DG | COVID: Only 12 positive cases in Sarawak needing respiratory support ||
By Amiril Muttaqien Meketar
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 14 -- The internal investigation into the disqualification of national shot putter Muhammad Ziyad Zolkefli in the F20 (intellectual impairment) category at the recently-concluded Tokyo Paralympics has been completed.
Investigation committee chairman Tan Sri Borhan Dolah said they are now preparing the full report, which is expected to be completed next week.
“Alhamdulillah, what I can conclude is that the investigation on Monday (Oct 11) and Tuesday (Oct 12) went smoothly. All 10 individuals called up cooperated very well in assisting with our probe.
“We are satisfied with the evidence provided by them and no more individuals will be called up after this. All the information obtained is enough for us to prepare the report, which is expected to be ready next week,” he said when contacted by Bernama today.
Among those called up to assist in the committee’s investigation were Muhammad Ziyad, his coach Mohd Faizol Harun and Paralympic Council of Malaysia (PCM) president Datuk Seri Megat D Shahriman Zaharudin.
Borhan, who is also the former Public Service Department director-general, expects their findings, including the report, to be submitted to the Youth and Sports Ministry (KBS) by end of this month.
He said that once the report had been submitted, he would meet Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu at a suitable date to explain in detail their investigation, including recommendations for further action to be taken and to clarify any doubts that arise.
If the KBS is not satisfied with the investigation, Borhan assured that they would be ready to carry out further investigations into the matter.
On Aug 31, Muhammad Ziyad was denied the gold medal in the men’s F20 shot put event. His throw of a distance of 17.94 metres (m) was also a new world record for the event.
He was classified as Did Not Start (DNS) following a protest lodged by Ukraine, who claimed that Muhammad Ziyad was late to enter the call room.
Maksym was announced as the gold medallist with a throw of 17.34m, breaking Muhammad Ziyad’s world record of 17.29m that he had set at the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships in London.
Bernama is the trusted source of reliable real-time comprehensive and accurate news for both the public and media practitioners. Our news is published at www.bernama.com ; BERNAMA TV on: Astro Channel 502, unifi TV Channel 631, MYTV Channel 121 IFLIX; and Bernama Radio broadcasting locally on FM93.9 in Klang Valley, Johor (FM107.5), Kota Kinabalu (FM107.9) and Kuching (FM100.9).
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial