MOSCOW, May 24 (Bernama-Sputnik/RIA Novosti) -- The number of people suspected to have died as a result of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has exceeded 200, while confirmed deaths from the disease in the country stand at ten, the Ministry of Communications and Media Affairs said, reported Sputnik/RIA Novosti.
"Key epidemiological indicators... ten confirmed deaths; 204 probable deaths [due to Ebola]," the ministry said in a statement on X on Saturday.
According to the ministry, 91 confirmed cases have been reported -- 84 in Ituri province, six in North Kivu, and one in South Kivu -- while the number of suspected cases stands at 867.
Last week, the World Health Organisation declared the outbreak of the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern.
-- BERNAMA-SPUTNIK/RIA NOVOSTI
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial