GENERAL

Selangor Allocates RM9 Million To Assist 6,000 State Haj Pilgrims This Year

20/02/2026 06:52 PM

SHAH ALAM, Feb 20 (Bernama) -- The Selangor government, through the Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporated) (MBI Selangor), has allocated RM9 million for the 1447H/2026M Muassasah Haj Incentive programme.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said a total of 6,000 prospective haj pilgrims from the state will benefit from the RM1,500 assistance each, an increase of RM500 compared with RM1,000 provided under the same incentive last year.

“Since its implementation in 2022, a total of 18,000 muassasah pilgrims have received assistance from the Selangor government, involving 3,000 pilgrims each in 2022 and 2023, and 6,000 pilgrims each in 2024 and last year,” he said in a statement today.

Amirudin said that to facilitate the registration process, prospective pilgrims who are voters in the state may apply for the incentive from Feb 23 to July 15, 2026, at their respective Community Service Centres or State Legislative Assembly (DUN) Coordinators’ Offices.

“For the application, prospective pilgrims only need to bring a printed copy of the 2026 Muassasah Haj Flight Schedule showing the MUAS code.

“I pray that this effort will help ease the preparations of pilgrims who will become dhuyufurrahman (guests of Allah) this year, God willing,” he added.

-- BERNAMA

 

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy  
https://bernama.com/en/news.php?id=2525818