GENERAL

Number Of Flood Victims In Sabah Rises Tonight

20/05/2026 10:23 PM

KOTA KINABALU, May 20 (Bernama) -- The number of flood victims in Beaufort rose to 336 people from 119 families as of 8 pm tonight, compared with 258 people from 89 families at 8 am earlier today.

The Sabah State Disaster Management Committee Secretariat (JPBN) said in a statement tonight that all evacuees are currently being housed at the Selagon Permanent Relief Centre (PPK), which was opened at 3 pm yesterday.

It said of the total evacuees, 181 were adults and senior citizens, while 155 were children and infants.

“A total of 10 villages have been affected by the floods and no fatalities have been reported so far,” it said.

-- BERNAMA

 

 

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy  
https://bernama.com/en/news.php?id=2559734