GENERAL

Pan Borneo Highway Sarawak: Several road alignments to be opened in July

30/04/2019 10:52 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, April 30 (Bernama) -- Several road alignments at the Pan Borneo Highway in Sarawak which has been upgraded from a two-lane dual carriageway to a  four-lane dual carriageway will be opened to the public in July.

“This development will reduce the discomfort of road users during the construction of the highway," said Deputy Works Minister Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir.

He said this when winding up a debate on the royal address at Dewan Negara for his ministry today.

For the same project in Sabah, Mohd Anuar said up to now 12 out of 35 work packages have been awarded to contractors who have started construction work with the overall progress status of the project reaching 13.43 per cent.

However, he explained, a contract of one of the contractors involving the Tawau to Semporna stretch had been terminated due to poor performance.

The sitting will resume on Monday.

-- BERNAMA

 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2025 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy