KOTA KINABALU, May 21 (Bernama) -- The number of flood evacuees in Beaufort remained at 388 people from 121 families as of 8 pm tonight.
The Sabah state disaster management committee secretariat said that all the evacuees were being housed at the Selagon permanent relief centre that opened at 3 pm, Tuesday (May 19).
From the total, 183 were adults and senior citizens, while 155 others were children and babies.
“The number of flood-hit villages rose to 11 villages this morning compared to 10 last night.
“No loss of life has been reported so far,” the secretariat said in a statement tonight.
-- BERNAMA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial