24/04/2024 06:40 PM

GEORGE TOWN, April 24 (Bernama) -- The mother of the Royal Malaysian Navy's Squadron 503 Commanding Officer Commander Muhammad Firdaus Ramli, who perished in a helicopter crash in Lumut yesterday, described her son as a very good and responsible person to the family.

Indon Hussin, 60, said she and her husband, Ramli Abd Hamid, in their 60s, last met their eldest son of seven siblings on Monday when they visited his house in Manjung, Perak.

She said it was their last meeting with Muhammad Firdaus and that he was also a strict yet loving brother among his siblings.

"He had a house in Manjung because he used to serve there before moving to Sabah two years ago and we have the keys to the house in Manjung. We go there once a month to check on the house.

"On Monday, when we went there (to Manjung), coincidentally Firdaus had just arrived from Sabah, and as soon as he arrived, he went straight to the house to meet us. There was nothing unusual whatsoever about him. He was his usual self, chatting warmly and even hugged us and wished us a safe return to Penang," she said when approached by reporters at her home in Pantai Jerejak today.

Indon also had the opportunity to celebrate the recent Aidilfitri together with Muhammad Firdaus and his family in Manjung on the third and fourth day of the celebration when the he returned to his home there.

She said that although Muhammad Firdaus, 44, lived in Sabah, he often called her and other family members to inquire about their well-being.

She added that Muhammad Firdaus, known as 'Tuan Kecik' among his colleagues due to his small stature, was an exemplary older brother to his siblings and she never expected him to leave them so soon.

"Since he was little, Firdaus had been interested in becoming a pilot, and his greatest passion was to fly fighter jets, but due to his small size, he ended up becoming a pilot in the Royal Malaysian Navy (TLDM). He was very happy about it," she said.

She shared that Muhammad Fairuz Ramli, the fifth child, who conducted the identification process on Muhammad Firdaus's body yesterday, informed them that the body was in perfect condition with only injuries to the forehead and scratches on the face.

Indon said that Muhammad Firdaus is survived by his wife who also works in Sabah and a four-year-old son, who were flown from there yesterday to Ipoh, Perak.

She said that her son's body would be taken directly to Masjid Jamek Sungai Nibong Besar here for funeral arrangements.

Muhammad Firdaus was among the 10 navy personnel sonnel who died in the helicopter tragedy at the TLDM in Lumut. In the incident two helicopters crashed during a flypast rehearsal in conjunction with the celebration of the 90th Anniversary of TLDM, scheduled to take place from May 3 to 5.





BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires;; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 IFLIX channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter :, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2024 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy