TEHRAN, May 18 (Bernama-Sputnik/RIA Novosti) -- Tehran does not intend to give up the rights provided for by the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT), Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said on Monday, commenting on the US's remark on Iran's uranium enrichment, Sputnik/RIA Novosti reported.
Last week, US President Donald Trump said that he would be satisfied with Iran suspending uranium enrichment for 20 years, but for this Washington needs real guarantees that Tehran will comply with such an agreement.
"We are now focused on ending the war. As for the nuclear issue, we have stressed that we do not intend to give up our rights under the NPT. We have not discussed the details of the nuclear issue, and at the current stage all our attention will be focused on ending the war," Baghaei told reporters.
-- BERNAMA-SPUTNIK/RIA NOVOSTI
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial