ROTTERDAM, May 18 (Bernama-Xinhua) -- The hantavirus-hit cruise ship MV Hondius arrived at the Dutch port of Rotterdam on Monday for disinfection, concluding a voyage that had drawn the attention of international health authorities, reported Xinhua.
The crew members are set to enter quarantine immediately.
Those unable to return to their home countries will undergo quarantine in the Netherlands, the Dutch health ministry said last week.
According to Oceanwide Expeditions, the Dutch vessel's operator, there are currently 27 people on board, including 25 crew members and two medical personnel.
The group consists of 17 Filipinos, four Dutch nationals, four Ukrainians, one Russian and one Polish national.
Most of them will undergo a six-week quarantine in Rotterdam.
"The remaining crew and medical staff on board MV Hondius will disembark in a staggered approach upon arrival in Rotterdam, in close coordination with the cleaning process," Oceanwide Expeditions said in a statement on Sunday.
-- BERNAMA-XINHUA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial